This week I have a million things I could write! It was amazing! Since I don't have that much email time I'm just going to give a few points with my favorite things from this week.
- This week we visited Narciso and his family and they brought out a "surprise" for us. The surprise was a Book of Mormon they still had from about 25 years or more ago when Narciso met the missionaries and started investigating the church. He got so busy with his work and things that he never was able to continue but he still remembers a lot from that and it was so cool seeing their Book of Mormon from so long ago!
- Funny story: We ran out of Books of Mormon for about a week and a half and we kept reminding the Elders until finally on day we randomly ran into them on the street of the church. They told us that there was a whole box in a secret cabinet in the church and then they decided that they should just get them for us now. We all started walking to the church and saw a huge group of members hanging around outside. They all just kept saying the Elders couldn't go in and couldn't go in but the Elders just took it as a challenge and ran in. After they ran in we saw all this crazy fog come out. They were fumigating the chapel! The Elders ran back out in about 3.5 minutes gasping for air. BUT they had the box of Book of Mormons for us. We had no clue what was even going on until the Elders ran in haha Elder Franco was really happy after though and said he felt like he was in a movie.
- This week we went to go visit a family and when we were leaving we ran into a girl and her mom - Linda and Hermalinda. They were really interested in what we were doing here in Mexico and ended up having a lot of questions - it was a perfect contact. And after when we started to leave Hna Jensen saw that she had a huge white hairy catapilller on her shoe. Hermalinda (Lindas mom) grabbed her own shoe and started smacking it off of Hna Jensen's. Then she started spreading the catapillers guts on her leg...It was such a classic moment. Linda just gave us a "Yeah. That's my mom..." We set an appointment to meet with them again at their house and invited them to church with a Restoration folleto and then headed off.
- Remember Linda? She came to church! We were late for church because we went to go try and find a couple investigatores and we walked in right before the first song. I went straight to the piano to play and a member ran up to Hna Jensen and was like "Your contact is here!" I was so surprised after the opening song when I looked up to find Hna Jensen sitting by Linda! She is so great! She loved church and how the LDS church is really about families and actually helping us as people. We are so excited to find her again and teach her more!
- Miguel is the brother of Misael who we've been teaching the past few weeks - ever since Misael was baptized. This week they did EFY here and Miguel and Misael went. We were so excited for Miguel to go but also we were really worried because we still need to prepare him for his baptism! Our district leader got really worried because we hadn't taught him the Law of Chastity and if he's not living this his baptism date has to change. So we called him up one night and taught him la ley de castidad #awkwardmomentwhen You have to teach Chastity over the phone
- Miguel bore his testimony in sacrament meeting about EFY and he said in his testimony that he knows the church and he recieved that strong witness this week when he bore his testimony of the spiritual day at EFY. It was so amazing! We are so excited for him and his baptism next week!
I could write a million more great things from this week but these are just a few of the best. I love being a missionary and having amazing moments every day! I hope everyone has a great week!
Here's a picture of Hna Jensen and I just so you all know we're still alive and well here in Nogales! (Two white girls in Mexico... we're thinking about writing a blog or something when we get home haha)